Can’t find a Glock 19? Here are some great alternatives you can find in stock now!
By: Aristotle Bartolome
To say that 2020 has been a busy year for the firearms industry, would be a gross understatement. We’ve experienced unprecedented sales, which we expected at the start of the year because it’s an election year. But with an added twist due in part to talks about defunding the police, current social climate, etc. Typically these surges in firearms sales are driven by existing firearms enthusiasts. But what we are seeing is the most significant surge of first-time firearms consumers from both sides of the aisle we have ever seen. Historically the firearms manufactures have always struggled with measuring that demand. But with this new twist of more NEW firearms owners, the projections have blown beyond their ability to forecast. And almost all manufacturers are in pure scramble mode to try and meet this higher demand.
As most savvy consumers do, they go to the internet to research recommendations, reviews and have begun dialogues with their friends who are firearms enthusiasts.
And what they have likely found is that one of the most recommended and sought after pistols have been, the Glock 19. The only problem, everyone got that idea at almost the same time, and it’s become difficult, if not impossible, to find a Glock 19 in stock.
Why a Glock 19?
The Glock 19 has been the number one selling Glock for several years, with good reason. Here are a few.
- Concealable for everyday carry (EDC)
- Simplistic in operation with no active safeties
- Considerable use from Law Enforcement and Military
All attributes that make it very appealing to any consumer. The problem now is that it is nearly impossible to get one. As distributors, we have done everything we can leveraging our partnerships with our distributors and various dealer outlets to obtain them for our shop, to no avail. We began researching alternatives for our customers that met all of those criteria.
Here’s our list of the Best Alternatives to the Glock 19 that are in stock
|Top Glock 19 Alternatives||Caliber||Best For||Price|
|Polymer 80 PFS9||9mm||EDC, Competition||$499|
|CZ-USA P-09||9mm||EDC, Competition||$559|
|Arex Defense Delta||9mm||EDC||$399|
|FN 509||9mm||EDC, Competition||$549|
$499 / Best Value for the Range and EDC
The new PFS9™ Complete FullSize Pistols combine innovative ergonomics and features to provide the ultimate in shoot-ability and comfortable concealment. Built with high-strength reinforced polymer construction, the P80® Pistol Frames include our aggressive standard texture on the sides, front and backstrap for a supreme grip in multiple environments. Our complete Slide features front and rear serrations coupled with clean, modern lines and a heavy front chamfer which allows effective manipulation and holstering of a P80® pistol while maintaining a low-key aesthetic profile.
- Mechanism: Recoil Operated (Blowback)
- Caliber: 9mm
- Construction: Steel, Aluminum, Polymer
- Receiver (Frame) Materials: Reinforced glass-filled nylon with modular stainless-steel slide rail and locking block components
- Slide Materials: 17-4 PH Stainless Steel, 42 HRC, Black Nitride
- Firing Mechanism: Striker-fired
- Trigger: Polymer with built-in safety
- Safeties: Passive 3-safety system – trigger, striker, drop
- Ammunition Capacity: Full - 17rd
- Magazine: Polymer/Sheet Metal
- Barrel: 416R Stainless Steel, 42 HRC, SAAMI 9mm Match Chamber, 1:10 RH Twist Rate, SAAMI 6-Groove Rifling, Black Nitride
- Grips: Non-removable textured polymer
- Length of Pistol: Full – 7.5”
- Width of Pistol: Full – 1.18”
- Height of Pistol: (without magazine) Full – 5”
- Weight of Pistol: (without magazine) Full – 22 oz
$559 / Great for Competition, Range or EDC
The P-09 is our full-size polymer offering, boasting an impressive 19+1 capacity in its flush-fitting magazine – unsurpassed by any other 9mm service pistol. Featuring the versatile Omega trigger system, the P-09 is shipped with decockers installed but can easily be converted to a manual safety with the supplied parts and instructions. Also included are small, medium and large backstraps that allow the user to customize the pistol’s grip to their hand while retaining the natural point of aim that CZ handguns are known for. With an integrated 1913 Picatinny rail, the P-09 is readily adaptable to low-light situations. The Omega DA/SA trigger provides crisp single action trigger break, while providing the safety of a DA first-pull option.
- Chambering 9mm Luger
- Magazine Capacity 19
- Magazine Type Double Stack
- Frame Polymer
- Grips Stippled
- Trigger Mech Omega DA/SA
- Sights Tritium Night Sights
- Barrel Cold Hammer Forged
- Barrel Length 4.54 in
- Weight 31 oz
- Overall Length 8.1 in
- Height 5.79 in
- Width 1.46 in
- Safety Interchangeable Ambidextrous, Decocker/Manual Safety, Safety Stop on Hammer, Firing Pin Block Safety
$399 / Great budget pistol for EDC
Stoeger brings an earned reputation for durable, dependable shotguns to the world of semiautomatic pistols with the new STR-9. This striker-fired 9mm comes packed with features you'd expect in a pistol costing twice as much. Its integrated rail, internal safety, reversible magazine release, optimized slide serrations, three-dot sight system and enhanced ergonomics deliver consistent performance and comfort.
- Barrel Length: 4.17"
- Caliber: 9mm
- Finish/Stock: Black Synthetic
- Weight: 24 oz
- Mag Capacity: 15+1
- Sights: Night sights
- Backstrap: Three interchangeable backstraps (small, medium, and large) offer a custom fit to get you on target quickly.
- Safety: A tactile loaded-chamber indicator on the top of the receiver that automatically raises when a round is chambered
- Cable Lock: Cable Lock and key for safe storage
- Comes with 3 Magazines
$399 / Compact & feature packed pistol for EDC
The Arex Defense Delta does not claim to be a revolutionary breakthrough but you will find it represents a definitive evolutionary step in modern handgun design and manufacturing. AREX have achieved improvements over some of the most popular designs, eliminating their weaknesses and enhancing their advantages by applying our expertise and state-of-the-art cad/cam processes. The result is a best-in-class defensive pistol that boasts extreme reliability and accuracy along with a competitive price.
- Ambidextrous magazine release
- Ambidextrous slide lock/release
- Steel low-profile sights
- (4) interchangeable backstraps
- Textured grip tape
- Angled edges to prevent clothing snags
- Striker Double Action trigger system (SDA)
- Automatic Triple Layer Passive Drop Safety System (3DS)
- Firing pin safety
- Nitrocarburized steel slide machined from solid bar stock
- Takedown without having to pull the trigger
- Forward cocking serrations and full-length slide rails
- One-slot Picatinny accessory rail
- Sights interchange with some other platforms
- Caliber: 9mm Luger 9x19 (+P Approved)
- Action: Semi-Auto
- Trigger System: Striker Double Action trigger system (SDA)
- Safety: Automatic triple layer passive drop safety system (3DS)
- Barrel Length: 4.0 in / 102 mm
- Overall Length: 7.0 in /180 mm
- Sight Radius: 5.9 in / 150 mm
- Height: 5.0 in / 128 mm
- Weight w/o Magazine: 19.06 oz. / 555 g
- Capacity: 15+1 & 17+1
- Color: Black
- Frame: Polymer
- Grooves: 6 grooves, RH Twist
- Twist Rate: 9.8 in / 250 mm
- Trigger Pull: 5.5 – 6.5 lbs.
- Trigger Travel: 0.27 in / 7mm
- Reset Travel: 0.07 in / 2mm
$549 / Excellent for Competition and EDC
The FN 509™ is built on the proven architecture of the FNS™ Compact, FN made changes internally and externally to meet the rigorous performance standards of the MHS requirements and further developed the platform into the FN 509 with the help from industry experts. Over the course of development, the platform has been tested extensively for reliability, ammunition compatibility and durability – totaling more than one million rounds.
- Caliber: 9mm
- Operation: Double-action
- Mag Capacity: 10 or 17 Rd.
- Weight: 26.9 oz.
- Barrel Length: 4.0"
- Overall Length: 7.4"
- Twist Rate: 1:10" RH
- Length: 7.4"
- Height: 5.56"
- Width: 1.35"
- Trigger Pull: 5.5 - 7.5 lb.
- Sight Radius: 5.79"
- Striker-fired autoloader
- Double-action operation
- Offered as a non-manual safety model
- Fixed 3-dot luminescent sights (standard)
- Easily racked, combat-style sights
- External extractor; loaded chamber indicator
- Improved front and rear cocking serrations
- Enhanced grip texture which enables faster follow-up shots in all conditions
- Interchangeable backstraps
- MIL-STD-1913 accessory mounting rail
- Two interchangeable backstraps
- Two 17-round magazines or Two 10-round
- Owner’s manual
- Locking device
- FN logo soft pistol case
By Aristotle Bartolome
Director of Marketing, Rainier Arms and Triggrcon
Ari is a lifelong firearms enthusiast, 3gun and USPSA competitive shooter, product tester, firearms content creator and host of Rainier Arms The Peak Podcast Show.